Vallie

A Strong Hand
Catt Ford
Bad Company
K.A. Mitchell
Golden Trail (The 'Burg, #3)
Kristen Ashley
After Ben - Con Riley 4.5 stars.

There is really nothing I can say that will add to the raving reviews about this book. I was hesitant to read it
for the longest time, thinking it'll be too depressing. Well, it wasn't. Yes, the subject matter is heavy.
Yes, the more I learned about Ben, the harder I wished he hadn't died and left Theo all alone to deal with
the memories and loss. But the story was so beautifully told, and the way Theo returned to the land of the living was
so believable, that it really didn't bring me down at all. I felt like I was living in Theo's head the entire time. I finished it all in one sitting
and I honestly couldn't get enough of Theo, as well as Joel and Evan. I didn't care much for Peter's character. He sounded
too kind, too hot, too understanding, just too perfect. And Morgan....sweet, brilliant Morgan! I agree with other reviewers who said
there wasn't enough of Morgan in this book. In essence, this wasn't the story of Theo and Morgan. This was a story about Theo losing Ben,
trying to live with his grief, and slowly starting to live again. Every character existed simply as an aid to Theo's transition to living a full life
again, which is why I can forgive not getting to know Morgan better. The sex came very late in the book, which was totally supported by the plot. When it came, it was scorching hot!

If you can't deal with a lot of angst in your romance, don't read this. It's not a fluffy, read-while-tanning-at-the-beach kind of story. However, it is one of the most serious books I have read in a while. Don't get me wrong, there were quite a few laughs and more than few cute and endearing moments. But, I got this feeling that I am reading something important the whole time. Like I couldn't ever skip a sentence even when there was rambling about the past. This is one of the stories that will definitely stay with me for a long time.