Vallie

A Strong Hand
Catt Ford
Bad Company
K.A. Mitchell
Golden Trail (The 'Burg, #3)
Kristen Ashley
Dangerous to Know & Love - Jane Harvey-Berrick Phew, that was long! I loved the story and the characters! Yes, Lisanne sounds like an immature, overly dramatic, hormonal teenager who doesn't know a thing about how to handle her own emotions let alone a relationship. Guess what? SHE IS! I found her character to be portrayed very realistically. Yes, she is irrirating but honestly, I can't say that it didn't remind me of my and my girlfriends' epic melt-downs of catastrophic proportions in high school. Granted, Lisanne is in college, but she did not experience any of the typical girl-boy crises that most people go through in high school, so it was expected that she would be like that when she got in her first relationship ever.

Daniel, oh Daniel, I loved him! So beautiful, and sensitive, but he could throw a hissy fit to end all hissy fits at the drop of a hat! He was so tender and patient with Lisanne, even when she threw her stupid tantrums and then came back apologizing moments later.

Overall, the book was too too long. I get that the authors were trying to do 2 books in 1, which was indeed a bargain, but there was a lot of stuff that didn't really add any substance or move the story forward. And I am not talking about fillers here. The story was 100% focused on Daniel and Lisanne. But there was so much detail on some of their interactions that really didn't do anything for the story and made the book drag on. Also, there was a lot of sex, but I didn't particularly like it. I read both the education of Sebastian and Caroline by this author and the erotic scenes were so much hotter and intense than in this book, that I was a little disappointed.

So, 3 stars, because the story regarding Daniel's secret is unique, but it wasn't handled really well. There was so much implausibility towards the end as well, especially with the situation at Daniel's house and how that got resolved. I still kept reading though, and I still smiled at every single "baby doll" that came out of Daniel's mouth!